AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Ups and Downs

It has been 7 months now since Cuddles was diagnosed with kidney failure and her liver enzymes were "off a bit". She will be going into her 15th year this year and it scares me. I have had her for 14 years and she has been such a sweetie. Cuddles was doing so well over the last few months, eating, etc. but lately I have noticed she has lost alot of weight even though she has been eating well. She now has "off days" where she doesn't eat and then is sick but then she seems to bounce back and is fine again. It is so hard to know what to do when one day she seems down and the next she is so happy. When do you say enough it enough? I have talked to my vet and she said really there is not that much that can be done other than fluid therapy but that only is a temporary fix before the toxins build up again. Is it worth it? Do we do these treatments for us or for them? I am going to have to think long and hard as to what I am going to do when it comes to that point.

It breaks my heart to even think about it but I know eventually I will have to make the decision when Cuddles' quality of life is no longer worth living. It's hard for me to blog about this without crying but I think Cuddles deserves to be blogged about every once in a while so everyone in the blogging world will know what a great cat she is. As long as her "good days" far outweigh the "bad" ones I will let her be and cherish every minute I have with her.

2 comments:

onecollie said...

my heart goes out to you Lisa.....
you will know when the time is right, till then enjoy your wonderful friend :)

Sarah said...

oh i feel for you Lisa .... enjoy every moment :)