AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Ups & Downs

Last night was Zack's agility class. The last few sessions have been a struggle to say the least. However, for some reason last night Zack got his mojo back, he ran, yes ran over the jumps leaving me behind. Whoo hoo he ran, did I say ran, he ran!!!!Then he even ran up the teeter twice to the point where it actually dropped (with a little help from Sarah on the way down) but he did great. I couldn't believe it.

There was an onimous storm approaching last night in class could it be the electricity in the air that got Zack fired up? I am not sure. Class was cut short because of the storm but we certainly left on a high note.

On the downside this morning I was woken up at 5 a.m. to terribly loud squelching noises in Zack's belly. He was having one of his belly cramping episodes. I hate when it happens seeing him squirm in pain. He looks like he is going to vomit but didn't this morning. I got him up and outside to see if the walking about would help him and then gave him his meds. At about 7:20 am. he let out a rip roaring belch which seemed to help him a little. Pete and I always say "better out than in".

It is now 12:40 and I am pleased to say Zack seems to be doing a lot better now albeit he is a little quiet but no more squirming in pain or squelchy belly - which is a good thing.

I wished I knew what sets him off. He had ground chicken last night at agility could that be it? Although the previous weeks I have used ground chicken for agility and had no ill effects. I just don't know. I can never pin point anything. It is just something we have to deal with once in a while. Poor Zacky.

1 comment:

Bodie said...

Bodie is booked in for another attempt at agility when summer starts. Fingers crossed the different training methods at this club might make him a bit more enthusiastic, not holding my breath though, he is easily bored and more a meanderer than a runner.